Thursday, May 29, 2008

I take it back...

...well, some of it (it being one of my past Sock Wars rants). There is some point to some of the freakouts people had over gauge. The point is, not everybody is using Tofutsies. Not everybody is using sock yarn that's the same size as Tofutsies.

I know this because I'm in the process of finishing a pair knit from Brown Sheep's Wildefoote. I was nearly done with the first one when the little lightbulb went on. I checked the label and this yarn supposed to be 7 stitches per inch. Tofutsies is 8 stitches per inch. It looks like I'm between 7.5 and 8 stitches per inch on these socks on US 0. I could frog them and try again on smaller needles, but where around here could I find a set of 00? Yeah, double zero. I'm going to go with these as they are and hope my current target finds them reasonable. They really do look closer to the correct size than the first pair I did (sorry, Peggy!).

This will be my third kill in the war. I'd like to get to at least five, since I did four last time. Also, somebody in one of the forums said that getting to five makes you an Ace. Ace of Sox, that's the ticket.

No comments: