Saturday, May 17, 2008

Vocabulary Lesson


day192
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
Between Ravelry and a dedicated server for Sock Wars III, there have been a whole lot of postings from warriors. This has resulted in some new terms.

grandtarget, great-grandtarget, grandassassin, great-grandassassin: Your grandtarget is your target's target. Your grandassassin is your assassin's assassin. Ann, my great grandtarget, sent me these pretty socks today. I'll finish them and send them on to Karon, my great-great grandtarget.

armored division: A reference to a turtle's shell. Turtle is a reference to the speed, or lack thereof, with which some people are knitting. My assassin has not posted anything or killed me and the pattern's been available for a week. Could she be part of the armored division?

No comments: