Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Slow Bee clue 1


day189
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
I'm a little bit burnt out on sock knitting. I think I did the Sock Wars socks correctly, but doubt very much if they'll fit their recipient very well. I won't feel bad if I get killed soon and don't have to knit any more of them.

I like the Slow Bee Mystery shawl. We get one clue a week for about a million weeks or something. I don't know how many weeks. This is the first one. It'll use up a couple of miles of yarn and a few thousand beads. I've revised my opinion of Addi Turbo circular needles. Until I started this, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. Now I can appreciate them. I'm even investing in the lace version with a longer cable. I've just started this shawl and had to put half of the stitches on a spare needle to take a picture. I imagine that at the widest part, I'll need much more space for stitches.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Pretty! It's a lovely color. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Paula said...

Thanks, Shauna. The yarn's a heathery (heatherish?) blend of blue and purple. This whole mystery knit thing is a lot of fun. I'm learning to count all over again.