Monday, May 26, 2008

Monkey mood


day201
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
I'm taking a break from knitting socks for a while. I'll come back to it when it sounds fun. I finished the new Slow Bee clue yesterday and am glad there will be nothing to do on it for at least a week. I like the challenge, but trying to keep up with all those yarnovers can make me crazier.

Munkeh has been sitting in the back of my studio/computer room since I finished him about six months ago. I knit his tshirt but hated how it came out. I just yanked it off and tossed it. I plan to reknit it. There's got to be something appropriate and fun in my stash somewhere.

Before I do that, though, I may make him some little friends. I got the book Amigurumi World by Ana Paula Rimoli. The thought of making something little and cute and impractical sounds fun. The thought of making something that has only one live stitch at a time sounds wonderful. Monkeys! Kitties!! Hedgehogs!!! Happy smiling little cupcakes. :) This is a good idea.

No comments: