Wouldn't a wreath decorated with a bunch of these be cute? Add it to the list of someday I'd like to do that.
Friday, December 6, 2013
Thursday, December 5, 2013
Scarf progress: two days yet to knit. I'd be up to date, except I was busy with the wreath.
Wreath progress: base is done. Leaves for day 2 are done. Leaves need to be arranged on base and sewn down. Leaf arranging had me so crazed that I was screaming at the cats. I put it down and apologized to the furbabies. I haven't touched it since last night. I ran out of printer paper so I'll be forced to stay away from the knitting and get more (three new pattern updates to print daily, you see). I didn't expect to keep up with this one. There are still acorns, holly, and ivy to do so far.
Monday, December 2, 2013
I happened upon a Advent Calendar Scarf. The designer posts a new section every day. I had some yarn from an abandoned scarf project that would work, so I've started on it. I'm doing it half the actual pattern width.
Two years ago I did an Advent Garland. The designer is Frankie Brown of Frankie's Knitted Stuff. Her freebie this year is a Woodland Wreath. Note: link is to Ravelry. It's really cute and I can use some of the Garland ornaments in it. If I can remember where I stashed them. I can use up some of the big bin full of sock yarn leftovers, too.
Kristin the scarf designer and Frankie of the wreath are both offering their patterns for free. If you're moved to pay them for their efforts, each has a link to children's charities. I'll definitely be going back and clicking those.
The pattern links are to page in English, because that's what I speak. If you've happened upon this page and you work better in another language, you may be in luck. Drops Designs has their patterns in a bunch of different languages. This continues to amaze me. Kristin's scarf is in German and she's very kindly supplied an English translation.
Friday, November 29, 2013
Friday, November 22, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
- Flesh and Stone socks using Who-themed mini skeins.
- Tardis mitts
- Dalek shawl
- Bigger on the Inside shawl
- Bowties are Cool mittens
- Insulate! hat
- Show Me the Stars socks
- Tardis Afghan (started in 2012 but finished this year)
- Socks using Medusa Cascade colorway
- Reverse Polarity socks using Vincent and the Doctor colorway
- Silence socks
- Dalekanium socks (not pictured)
Monday, November 18, 2013
- Knit Picks Dancing 10/2007. Made into Dancing Dalekaium socks.
- Schmutzeralla Yarns Dude 10/2012, Sheepy Time Knits Sheepy Feet 11/2011. Made into Water for the Elephants socks.
- Knitters Brewing Company Sock-aholic 11/2010. Made into Striation socks.
- Regia Color 5/2008. Made into Romy's Two in One socks.
- Noro Kureyon Sock 1/2009. Made into TGV shawl.
- Yarn Pirate merino sock 2/2008. Made into Anastasia socks.
- Hand dyed sock yarn received in a swap 10/2007. Made into Drip Drip Drop socks.
- Claudia Handpaints 10/2007. Made into Sake socks.
- Belfast Mini-Mills sock 8/2008. Made into Delius shawl.
- Yarntini semi-solid sock 3/2010. Made into Little Deschutes socks.
- Rio de la Plata sock 2/2009. Made into Swamp Thing socks.
- Zitron Lifestyle 6/2008. Made into Metopsilus porcellus socks.