Wednesday, December 31, 2014
12.3 miles knit: I cut back on sock knitting when I saw how many socks I already own. I expected this number to be shorter than last year's 12 miles.
200 yards spun
4445 yards crochet: also an increase over last year.
Projects completed in 2014:
- Coin purse-1
My favorite new-to-me-in-2014 yarns were from Invictus and Cyborg's Craft Room.
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
Works in progress:
- Irma sweater: Needs blocking and buttons to be sewn on. I plan to do that tonight.
- Grandpa sweater: Needs buttons. They are on the way from Hong Kong.
- Bunny slippers: One foot needs felting and then they can be assembled. I plan on doing the felting tonight. Really. I know it has been nearly two years, but I will do it! First project to be finished in 2015.
- Name of the Doctor scarf: I'll finish it eventually. It'll probably take the place of the bunny slippers as the project I keep putting off. May be finished in 2015 at some point.
- Kaffe Fasset afghan: I keep reading the Ravelry group for this thing. I keep hoping that someone will have come up with a different way of assembling it that will work for me. As soon as I work that out, I'll finish it. Hopefully early in 2015.
- Van Gogh mini pillow: stitch count is off a bit and I need to take some of the cross stitches out and redo them. I'll probably pick this one back up in a day or two.
- Whovian messenger bag: I think my sewing machine needs a professional tuneup. I'll be putting sewing this together until I get that done.
- Spring flower quilt: I probably haven't mentioned this project in years. It's about half quilted. I've been putting it off because quilting is my least favorite part of making quilts and because of the Bernina misbehaving.
Monday, December 29, 2014
Saturday, December 27, 2014
The latest examples come from The Cyborg's Craft Room. May I introduce Unicorn Rainbow Fight:
The other four skeins I ordered last week are in the same vein. I like them. They make me happy. It bothers me not at all that I have no idea what I'll do with them.
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
I bailed on that mystery scarf. Stitch counting got even worse, if that's possible. For once it wasn't entirely my fault.
I finished the cross stitch pieces for my bag. However, I haven't been motivated to get my lazy behind over to the sewing machine to assemble it.
The yarn showed up for the afghan I decided to make. It's been challenging, but fun. It's crochet. I seem to screw up less when I have only one loop to deal with at any moment. No lifelines are necessary when frogging must happen.
Sunday, December 21, 2014
Four new skeins of sock yarn are on the way. I may have two new favorite etsy sellers.
Monday, December 15, 2014
I put down my needles and picked up a crochet hook. Jasmine the cat ripped the head off of her catnip Dalek. She must know what "exterminate" means. I made her a new one with Christmas colors.
Now I'm doing cross-stitch. I'm simplifying my original idea for my Doctor Who messenger bag so that it actually gets completed. Simple stitching, that's the ticket. Plus it will use up bits of those many Doctor Who fat quarters that I just had to buy.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Friday, December 12, 2014
Issue #1: The Kaffe Fasset KAL. My problem is obvious:
Issue #2: Blogger. I'm typing away on this and the screen freezes. Suddenly, I'm back four pages from where this is. I came back and the draft was here. The way my luck is going, this will disappear. At least I'll have had the therapy of ranting.
Issue #3: PayPal. I wanted to start in on something new and fun. I found a scarf KAL where the pattern's (allegedly) free with a code. I clicked Buy It Now on Ravelry. When I logged into PayPal, it charged me for the pattern right away and didn't give me a chance to enter the code. I'm not going to do anything about it because it wasn't all that expensive. If I try to get a refund, PayPal will charge the designer a fee for the refund and I don't want him to have to pay it. I'm still mad, though. I'm too mad to want to work on the scarf.
Now? I'll finish the stupid curtains and put all of my knitting stuff away and get out all the cross stitch stuff. I think knitting is telling me to go away for a while.
Thursday, December 4, 2014
I ended up at etsy. Clicky clicky clicky. Next thing you know, there's fun things on the way: a Tardis shawl pin, two skeins of sock yarn from the Cyborg's Craft Room, and a cross stitch kit from the UK. Do I need or even know what I want to do with sock yarn called Unicorn Rainbow Fight and Spontaneous Dance Party? No, I do not. I may just leave it here next to the computer and let it make me happy. Why did I buy a cross stitch kit when I've got virtually every color of DMC embroidery floss known to man? I was unwilling to wait and see if the chart alone would be offered for sale. It's cool. It's Van Gogh-themed. Maybe it will get me stitching on the pieces for that Doctor Who messenger bag I just had to make and haven't started.
It's back to the curtains for now. Yawn.