This week we did 24 rows of single crochet and then embroidered over what was crocheted. The instructions have you crochet that red diamond section. I struggled with it and then switched over to an embroidered chain stitch. I found it much easier and it looks exactly like the crocheted method.
The cross-stitched part was very easy. If you cross-stitch, imagine working on 5 count fabric with a single strand of thread. It was that easy. The hard part was trying to keep the back neat. I hadn't planned on lining the shawl until now. It definitely needs covering up.
I bailed on two knitalong projects. The socks were coming out huge. I didn't like them enough to start them over. The yarn quantities were not working out at all on the shawl. I didn't like the shawl enough to start it over with different yarn.
That brings my works in progress (or soon to be in progress) to: