Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Work in Progress

Mystery shawl, clues 2 and 3:
Things are going well except that I've used up half of the speckled yarn and I'm not  up to the halfway point of the pattern yet.  I'm probably going to have to frog the last wedge and redo it with another color.  This will depend on what the middle clue looks like.  At least I have a plan.


Valentine mystery socks:  clue 1 of the first sock is nearly done.  No picture because there's not that much to see.


Hygge shawl:  clue 1 has been printed out.  I had to go down many hook sizes to get gauge.  This is not something that usually happens to me with crochet.  The hook does not play well with the yarn.  I have to decide if I want to spend many weeks fighting with a hook or moving up a couple sizes and risk running out of yarn.


It's always something.

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Could a different type if hook work?

Paula said...

I ended up using a C hook. I checked the gauge on the actual piece and I could've gone up closer to the G that the pattern recommends. As the Yarn Harlot says, swatches lie.