Monday, April 23, 2012

Knitty's got a Tardis shawl

It's in the latest issue but it looks like it was added later on.  Lorna's Laces is releasing a special colorway just for the pattern.  I managed to talk myself out of buying it because a)  I have too much yarn already, b)  I don't want to spend in excess of $50 on yarn for a shawl I'm making just because it has Tardises (Tardii?) on it, c)  the yarn's not available for purchase yet.

I needed a break after completing a Cookie A sock, so I thought I'd cast it on.  It turns out that I don't have all that much appropriate yarn (solid or semisolid Tardis blue).  I grabbed The Angels Have the Phonebox from Sheepytime and worked away.  The colorway's good, but I don't think the Tardis pattern will show up.  I considered doing part of the shawl with The Angels and the rest in a solid blue, but again, nothing in my stash works with it.

Back at square one, I walked away from my knitting and logged onto the computer.  It seems that in my order all the yarn frenzy of a couple of weeks ago, I'd ordered something that looks like it'll work.  It's also from Sheepytime and is called The Oncoming Storm.  A couple of people on Ravelry have made shawls with it and patterns show up okay.

That project's all set to go once the yarn arrives.  I even have a plan to substitute little glow-in-the-dark beads for the bobbles on top of each Tardis.  No new money spent and bobbles avoided.

No comments: