Monday, April 23, 2012

3KCBWDAY1

It's Knit and Crochet Blog Week Day 1 and today's topic is color.

I'm definitely a process over product knitter. This has a lot to do with the colors of yarn that I like. If I was into making garments to wear, it would all be solid/semisolid dark yarns. Yawn. I like multicolored yarn the best because it is fun to play with. If this results in a crazy flash of color when I wear a pair of socks in public, the public will have to learn to live with it.

I hadn't thought about it much before now, but it appears that color itself isn't the most important thing. It is what the color does as I work with it. I look for multicolors that will entertain me when I work with them. Pools of color can be a royal pain in a garment. I enjoy pooling when I'm making something. It's fun when I come around to a place and the colors line up and create a puddle of the the same color row after row. Self-striping yarns are fun for me, too. Shaping change the thickness of the stripes.

I did a sort by color of my Ravelry stash to see if there were any surprises. There weren't. Look at the picture in the post before this one and that tells the story. I like cool colors more than hot ones, except when I don't.

No comments: