Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Send in the Clowns (and Hello Kitty)


clowns
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
This is alpaca/punta/merino blend spinning fiber from Fiber Fancy. It is called Send in the Clowns. I had to buy it because I was buying some other fiber for a swap gift. It's really nicely prepared. I think I do better spinning with better prepared fiber. I have high hopes for this stuff.

My sleeping is still out of whack, so I'm often online in the middle of the night, getting into mischief. Last night I bought a Hello Kitty knitting machine after reading about them on Ravelry. Target.com had them, I have a gift card from Target, so you can do the math.

My next trick was signing up for the Paintbox Quilt-Along, which involved me buying a roll of 2.5" wide Kona solid fabrics in 40 different colors. I'll need 40 squares of print fabric to go with them, but my fabric stash should take care of that. If my quilt is half as nice as the samples, it'll be really striking.

Fabric is calling louder than yarn at the moment. I have been keeping warm with one of Folkwear's Siberian Parkas and decided to make another one. Hancock's got tons of fleece on sale, so I picked up several yards of it. It's pink. It should match my new knitting machine.

No comments: