Friday, January 15, 2010

Crochet Break

I can't get my head around the death and destruction in Haiti. It's like the entire population of the town I grew up in was wiped out all at once. Since I've got more yarn and time than I have money, I've been crocheting like mad. I found someone who is collecting blanket squares for charity. I'm going to clear out as many of my washable fibers as possible and use up all the squares I got in various swaps. At least one of the blankets is going to look a bit unusual. Still, it'll be better than sleeping on a sheet of plastic which is what many folks are doing right now.

The Yarn Harlot reports that her totals for MSF/DWB are $46,000 higher now than they were this morning. AND she still has a whole bunch of emails that she hasn't tallied yet. I like it very much that people from all over the planet are doing what they can to help.

P.S. to the individuals that have a problem with people taking action: seek professional help.

No comments: