Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Plans

I finished my last 2009 UFO before 2009 was history, so now it is time to plan my next move. There may be other unfinished objects around here, but they were started before 2009 and therefore do not count. I may work on them before the next deadline falls, but I make no promises.

Iron Knitter-I think this starts 1/20/10. I don't know what yarn I'll need, but odds are really good that I have it already. There will be six patterns. There's not much of anything I can do ahead of time. This will likely overlap Ravelympics here and there. Big fun.

Ravelympics-I think this starts on Groundhog Day.

For Team Copper Boom, I'll be knitting the Imagine sweater for the Sweater Slalom.
For Team Big Damn Heroes, I'll be making two things for the Skele-gurumi event. One will be a Chinese Zodiac Tiger (Chinese New Year falls during this time period) and it'll be the year of the tiger. The other piece is a amigurumi Hello Kitty that will be altered to be a Maneki Neko (lucky cat). If I need something else to work on (you there, stop laughing! it could happen) I'll enter one of the pattern competitions. I've been wanting to make a journal bag out of recycled sari silk. It would be similar to a messenger bag, only about half as wide.

This leaves around three weeks for me to get into all sorts of mischief. I think I'll go give my Ravelsox another try.

No comments: