Friday, January 22, 2010

I Haz Startitis

I got a bunch of projects done at the end of last year. This resulted in a nasty case of start-itis:

  • I have about 3/4 of a kitchen rug knit out of this stuff. Three strands held together goes pretty fast, but it's all k1 p1. I got bored with it.

  • I have about 3/4 of a patchwork afghan done. It's supposed to go to Haiti with another one I did last week. I got bored with it and feel tremendously guilty because I should stop everything else and work on it and get it in the mail.

  • Iron Knitter, pattern 1 of 6. This jumped to the top of the queue because of timing issues. I also finished it because of the same timing issues. I have no illusions about becoming the ultimate Iron Knitter, but I still want to see how far I can go.

  • Girls Night Out (Knitters Brewing Company mystery knitalong). I'm completely insane to add a KAL to the mix. This is the first clue. I'm a week behind (the second clue has been released already). It involves intarsia in the round. I'd recently given up trying to master it on my own, so that's my excuse for doing this.
    There are so many different little techniques, it's the perfect antidote for endless crocheted rectangles and endless k1 p1.

I have 3 smallish swap projects that have to be done in the next week. In two weeks I'm going to drop everything and knit a sweater and a couple amigurumi for the Ravelypmics. Maybe if I got a little sleep, this would all start to make more sense.

No comments: