Monday, November 24, 2008

One step forward, two steps back

I found a long-unworn denim skirt that I'm using for the jacket back. It has a pleat in the back that I'm going to keep as is. The jacket's a little longer than the one in the design, and I think this should make it easier to wear.

The size and shape of the denim needs to be adjusted from how I originally cut it out. I tried sewing and pinning it together and the fit wasn't good. I think the sleeves need to start out wider that the ones I have, too.

To keep myself from chucking the whole thing in the UFO bag, I took a time out and made a couple of things for an upcoming swap. I don't think the recipient will come by here, but she could so I won't describe what I'm doing. Both things worked, thank goodness. I've got most of the swap ready to go. I just have to come up with a couple of things that relate to the theme I've chosen for the swap. I'm going to Google the theme and see if that gives me some ideas. Wish me luck!

No comments: