Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mini Knitting

I like little things. Dollhouse-size miniature objects amuse me to no end. When I run across teeny little things to knit, I am compelled to make them. A couple of years ago, I bought a set of size 0000 knitting needles to make sock earrings.

When I heard about the mini sock advent calendar, I had to get the pattern. I think I'd do the foot a little bit longer than what's shown for days 23 and 24 because the proportions look a little off somehow.

That got me going on looking for other little things. I found a pattern for mini lace socks. These are miniature versions of the designer's full size socks. There's a fee for them, but the money goes to charity.

Then I found a mini mitten pattern. Now I want mini sweater patterns. And mini hats. It's amazing what ideas come to you when there are 10,000 other things that need to be done before throwing myself into new projects. Even teeny ones.

No comments: