Thursday, November 20, 2008

Be careful what you wish for

I was digging through my bookshelves today, trying to find the recipe book that goes with my bread maker. I haven't found it yet, but I did find something else. It's The Designer Collection (for Bears) edited by Judith Shangold. It's a book that was published 15 years ago. Vogue Knitting got together with a bunch of famous knitwear designers and came up with the cutest designs ever for teddy bears.

What was it I said last in the previous post? I wanted cute little sweater and hat patterns. This book has many. My only problem is not having the exact size bear to go with the patterns. They were all designed for 10" bears. Muffy's the closest I have and she's only 8". Uh, oh. I'll be monkeying around with different yarn weights and skipping pattern repeats to make sure the sweaters fit correctly.

I think what I really ought to do is find the recipe book and then stash this book in its place. I don't need to be starting another project right now.

No comments: