Monday, November 10, 2008

Harry Potter sock yarn

I participated in a couple of Harry Potter swaps a few years back. We made a sock knitting kits based on house colors at Hogwarts. It was challenging, because it wasn't that easy to find. If you were lucky, you might get a skein from an independent dyer doing a limited run of various house colors. Otherwise, you had to hunt for commercial yarn in the right colors. There was no Ravelry to help you.

I was remembering this today when I happened upon Opal sock yarn in a series based on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. This isn't related to house colors, but it is really cool yarn. I thought I was so over the self-patterning sock yarn until I saw this stuff. I think Ron was the most perfectly matched to the character. Hedwig (I want this) and Tonks were particularly good, too.

No comments: