Sunday, November 9, 2008

Games Knitters Play

I like playing computer games. I first became addicted to the text-based game called Adventure. Fast-forward 30 years, and I'm playing Animal Crossing on a little pink Nintendo DS Lite. How does this connect to knitting?, you might ask. It's all tangled together, grasshopper, much as a ball of yarn stolen by a pussycat. I happened upon my most recent obsession, Molehill Empire, via Lime&Violet.

It's virtual farming. It sounds goofy until you try it, then it's big fun. Some things grow fast enough that you can knit in between harvesting and taking them to market. That's what I did yesterday with the super secret project.

If anyone's looking for me, I'll be working on my Ravsox and up to my virtual derriere in lettuce and carrots.

No comments: