Tuesday, February 19, 2008

What I've been up to lately

I dyed three skeins of yarn today. Two of them are for swaps and one's reserved for the Sock Knitter's Pentathalon. Well, it'll be the first pair anyway. It's a wool/silk blend. It's mostly a denim-y blue with little bits of a couple of other colors.

I went to Only Ewe on Sunday. They had a big sale, but I was very good. I only got yarn for a swap, plus yarn to make another pair of felted clogs. I have a pair that never shrank down enough that I've been wearing anyway. There are many holes in them.

I've got two competition/knit along type things. The Pentathalon starts March 1. I signed up for Sock Wars III, but that doesn't happen until May. My plan is to knit something with the extra skein of TOFUtsies I've got around here somewhere. It'd be nice to get a feel for one's weaponry before the War begins.

I told myself I wouldn't sign up for any more swaps for awhile, so why am I working on FIVE of them?:
Sock Knittin #2 (Swap-bot): Theme is embellished socks. Almost ready to send.
St Patrick's Day Sock Yarn Swap (Swap-bot): Almost ready to send.
Knitter's Holiday/Spring (Ravelry): I need to get to work on this one.
Sock Knittin #3 (Swap-bot): Theme is cabeled socks. No partner yet, but it's nearly ready to go.
April Showers Sock Yarn Swap (Swap-bot): No partner yet, but progress has been made.

I have managed to work some knitting in. I'm making Bayerishche socks. The yarn's more of a minty color than what shows in this pathethic photograph. The pattern would show up better in a plain yarn rather than this Koigu, but there's no way I'm going to frog it. The pattern's not difficult, just tricky to get started.

No comments: