Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sock Wars III

I just came from the Sock Wars III rule page. It was posted about two weeks ago, but I found it only a little while ago. Here's how my speculation of a couple of weeks ago turned out:


...the pattern will be designed using Tofutsies... Correct.

...the War will be structured in a different manner than it has in the past?... Wrong. It looks like it'll be the same.

I don't think that the sponsorship will make using Tofutsies a requirement. Correct.

Organization/communication will have to improve.
It looks like steps are being taken in this direction. The things that jumped out at me were:

-Proof of postage:
This can be a scan/photo of a certificate of postage or a photo of the stamped up package. Anything that conveys proof that you have actually mailed the item, and the date it was mailed will do. You should be able to produce this within 48 hours in the event of a query by the mods.

-Targets not posting their death or other similar flakiness:
We will contact that person and they have 48 hours to respond or they are automatically kicked out of the tournament. Previous “flake” precautions should avoid this. There will be mega public humiliation for anyone pulling this kind of disruption and we will work out some kind of consolation...

IMHO, this alone will make the tournament run much, much, much more smoothly. And it will cut back on the whining. I get so fraking sick of whining, she whined.

-Everybody will get socks. A team of volunteers will step in and make up for the flakes.

I think we can expect a new location for SW III on the web.
Looks like I got this one right. The Yahoo! group is a temporary holding area.

Signups start February 14, as does the new web site. Sock Wars III begins May 9.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Paula
I am you Scavenger Hunt pal. I hope you are having a great week end. I do not think I could ever knit fast enough to do sock wars.