Tuesday, January 22, 2008

But it was only one skein



I'm looking for work. I don't have money to use for anything but essentials. I have more hand knit socks than I'll probably ever wear. I have enough sock yarn to entertain my fingers for a long time, even without having a job.


Lime & Violet's Daily Chum appeared today in my Bloglines feeds as it does nearly every day. This picture was on it. The yarn glowed on the screen and the little voice in my head said, "Buy me, it won't affect your credit card balance all that much". I clicked over to L&V's Wool Pr0n shop. I found this colorway, Veronica Lake. There were only two skeins left. A few clicks later it was all over.


I could've been a lot more naughty. I didn't look at any other colors. I only bought one skein. I'm going to use it as a motivator. The next time I try to put off doing something I really should be doing, I'll think of Veronica Lake and just do it.


a few days later I got the yarn today. They sent it quickly with some fun goodies (bag of buttons, candy). However the color isn't what I expected. I like the color I received and I'll be happy to use it. The color I see in the picture is more icy and blue/periwinkle. Maybe I'll use it as an inspiration. I've got a few skeins of Bare from KnitPicks that I can play with.

No comments: