The yarn I'd intended to be watermelon striped is now strawberry. I think it was a little bit too ambitious a project for the first time using this technique. It's got a really long color repeat. It took over half the length of my little house to prep the yarn. One of my cats was convinced that it was a ride in a kitty amusement park. I wasn't amused in the least. I didn't have the right color of green. Mixing blue raspberry with lemon-lime didn't work well. The idea I had for putting little dark spots for watermelon seeds didn't work at all.
What I ended up with was not what I was going for, but I still like it. I haven't had a chance to check out the striping, but I expect that will work.