Friday, June 4, 2010

Nothing new to show

Finished Object Friday. I finished a journal and two journal bags (previous post).

I was working away on a quilt, when the tension spring on the bobbin case broke. In plain English, it means the machine can't sew. Yay for the Internet! I found a place in San Diego that had the part in stock and I got it in two days. The machine works better than it has in years, so this was a Good Thing in the end. Maybe the quilt will appear here next week.

June is a month for my quarterly do-it-yourself sock club. I'm doing Cookie A's Twisted Flower socks. They are really pretty and fun.

Knitter's Brewing Company is doing another Knitalong. This one has one awareness ribbons on it. A portion of the kit price will be donated to breast cancer research, so I decided it'd be a good thing to do. Mine are going to be white to represent lung cancer and emphysema.

No comments: