Friday, June 18, 2010

FO Friday


twflower1
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
Twisted Flower Socks by Cookie A, all done! The yarn's from Crystal Palace and is called Panda Silk (bamboo/merino/silk). It's a nice pattern. I also finished the pair of father's day socks.

Having finished a couple of things is a sure sign that I've been finding other mischief that I want to get into. This time it is watermelon socks. I happened upon the cutest self-striping yarn that looks like cut watermelon, complete with seeds. The only places I found that sell it are out of stock and more than a little on the pricey side. I've got it in my head to dye my own with Kool-Aid. I have several skeins of Knit Picks Bare, so the cost for the project is around a dollar for the Kool-Aid. I've done some research online, and this may be do-able. I'm not allowing myself to do it until my white awareness ribbon socks are done, though. That's motivation to keep working on them.

No comments: