Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Good Day

My copy of Mochimochi Knitting arrived today. I've already been swatching for a pair of Feet Eaters. They are slippers. When you put them on, it is like you are putting your foot in a monster's mouth. I need pink yarn for the inside (tongue) but don't have any. I either go out and buy some tomorrow or buy some Kool-Aid and dye some. Guess which will win out? After the Foot Eaters, I want to make the Grumpy (or is it Angry?) Sofa and the TV Set. Then I'll see if I can make some Human Beans in the right size to sit on the sofa. Then I'll make some tiny dust bunnies. There obviously must be dust bunnies, since the Human Beans have been sitting on the sofa watching TV and not cleaning up. The dust bunnies aren't in the book, but I think they are in my files someplace. Probably collecting dust.

I was paying my credit card bill, and glanced at the part where they give you bonus points. I'd looked at this before, and mostly ignored it because I never had enough points for anything. I decided to see if that was still the case. Much to my surprise, I now have enough points for a $50 Amazon gift certificate. I am sure there are a bunch of knitting books on my wish list that I can get. Yay!

The icing on this particular cake was winning a skein of yarn from The Knitters Brewing Company. I mentioned before that they are doing a knitalong of an Awareness Ribbon sock. A donation for each kit is going to the Susan G. Komen organization. Those who buy the kit and finish the socks get their names tossed in a hat for a free skein of yarn. The Knitalong continues for two more months, so you've still got time to join if you'd like. Unlike last time I won some yarn, I know I'll get this.

No comments: