Wednesday, November 11, 2009

J is for Jelly Yarn

I have a whole bucket full of novelty yarns. It's furry, eyelash, curly, and flat out weird. It's all man-made fibers. I don't have any idea what to do with it, despite having bought some of it on purpose. This makes my interest in Jelly Yarn a bit disturbing.

Jelly Yarn is a skinny tubular plastic yarn. It comes in a variety of bright colors, three of which are glow-in-the-dark. It appears that the market for such yarn is the tween knitter. There are patterns for purses, dog leashes, decorations for flip-flops. You can make things to put inside a snow globe.

I'm many decades past tween, I rarely make knitted accessories, and my cats won't put up with leashes. Between my ufos, queued projects, and ideas for projects, I could easily work into the next century. Why do I still want some of this?

No comments: