Sunday, November 8, 2009

G is for Gilmore girls

It's only been a week and already I'm stretching my alphabet/fiber concept out of shape. If you think this is bad, I can't imagine what will happen when I hit X and Z. What do the Gilmore Girls have to do with fiber? Other than the Knitathon for the Muddy River bridge in that rather sad last season, not a whole lot in a direct way.

The Winter Olympics are going to occur in February 2010. This means that the Ravelympics will also occur. You pick a project that will challenge you. You cast on during Opening Ceremonies. You knit like the wind, completing the project before the end of Closing Ceremonies.

You can associate yourself with any number of teams. I was thinking about joining Team Grilled Cheese because I'm hungry and that sounds really good right now. I changed my mind when I saw Team Copper Boom. If you're a Gilmore Girls fan, you'll understand the reference. If you're not, come back tomorrow. Maybe you'll be lucky and I'll have come up with a better H theme.

No comments: