Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIP Wednesday June 26

This is Tiberius, one of the Cookie A patterns for this round of her club:

Tiberius is the T. in James T. Kirk. The other pattern this round is Spock. The yarn is my first Wollmeise. I can see what the fuss is about this popular yarn. The stitch definition is great.

Tour de Fleece starts Saturday. I think it goes for three weeks with a couple of days off here and there. I plan to use my drop spindle for a minimum of and hour a day. I may dust off my wheel for the challenge day. It depends on how challenged I need to be. My goal is to use up some stuff I call my Green Stamps fiber. I'll mix it with some compatible samples left over from some Phat Fiber boxes.

Tour-de-Sock's fourth sock starts Sunday morning. This particular sock may be why I won't want to be excessively challenged on TdF's challenge day. I may be in a fetal position on the floor, covered in beads. This sock uses 500 (250 per sock) beads. There's no pre-stringing. I'm viewing this as an art project and not something I ever plan to wear.

Off to Tami's Amis to see what the other kids are doing.

No comments: