Sunday, June 16, 2013

A new sock book

I've got more sock knitting books than I can shake a dpn at, but yet I ordered another one. I got to it via my usual convoluted path. One of the patterns in the book showed up in my Ravelry recommendations. It was by one of my favorite designers, Heatherly Walker. I discovered that it was in the yet-to-be-released book American Sock Knitting. Since I can save a couple of bucks by ordering it before July 15, I did just that.

The pattern I liked is called Jersey Turnpike. It reminds me of an old Simon & Garfunkel song that has lyrics about "countin the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike". Yeah, I'm nearly a geezer and am easily entertained. I wasn't familiar with the other designers in the book, so maybe I'll be getting some more new favorites.

What I need is a new rule: knit at least one pair from at least one book I already have before I go ordering any more books!

No comments: