Friday, March 4, 2011

UFO Friday

It's a Friday that has no finished objects, just many in progress or in the planning stages.

The second round of Nerd Wars has begun. I'm way behind on my dissertation, haven't much of the Titania sweater done, and am still a few hours away from having my first challenge done. The challenges are harder this time. I have to remind myself that this is supposed to be fun. If it is not fun, as a LOL cat might say, URE DOIN IT WRONG.

I'm doing a Doctor Who swap. I know I swore off of them for awhile, but this one was too good to miss. The coordinator did an exceptional job in matching people up. My spoilee (person I send to) is so similar to me in her Doctor Who likes and her yarn likes, I could've filled out her swap application with my answers and it would've worked fine. I'm doing two handmade things for her (swap requires one). I think I've come up with a way for one of them to count as one of my Nerd Wars challenges, too. I had big fun yesterday, ordering supplies and goodies.

I wanted to knit the second pattern from the Cookie A sock club, but that project's on the back burner until I get some of this other stuff done. I got the ingredients for one of the cookie recipes, but haven't baked them yet. I think I'll make it a reward for when I finish that sweater.

No comments: