Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To My Doctor Who Swap Spoiler

I'm guessing that I've been less than inspiring when it comes to things to make. Here are a few suggestions:

  • Toys/amigurumi. A Doctor doll, a stuffed Tardis, K-9, a Dalek, or something else. I like toys.
  • Charms. I like the little dangly things on stitch markers and earrings. However, I never use fancy stitch markers and rarely wear earrings. If you make things like this, leave the marker rings or earring hooks off. I'll like them.
  • Wearables are a little problematic because a) it doesn't get all that cold here and b) I'm hard to fit. Someone made me some socks once and I still feel horrible because I couldn't wear them. I wear hats sometimes. Hats are cool. Big head: 23".
  • A pillow or a pillow cover (I could get a form for it to go over) with a Doctor Who theme.
  • Decorate a little box or Altoid tin with something Who-related. I like tins and boxes and use them to store various knitting supplies.

I hope those will give you an idea or at least launch you in the direction of one.

If shopping was also part of the problem, that's a little easier:

  • Look under my Ravelry profile for a link to my Amazon Wishlist. There are several things on it that would work.
  • If you're still on Amazon, do a search on Doctor Who books. I don't have any, so click on any paperback.
  • Yarn. If you've seen my stash, you might not think I need any more yarn. Need, maybe not. Want is something else. Fingering weight in any color or combination of colors (no red or orange) in wool or a blend of wool or something else. I will like it.
  • Spinning fiber.
  • Check my Ravelry queue wishlist for patterns I want and don't have.
  • Who-themed mugs (other than the disappearing Tardis because I already have 2).
  • Fridge magnets.

No comments: