Monday, November 1, 2010

Hoarding

I saw a couple of those tv shows about people who hoard things. It's disturbing that people have so much stuff that they can't do anything that you'd expect to do in a home. They can't walk around in their homes or cook a meal or sleep in their beds. Around the same time I saw those shows, I entered my 300th yarn on Ravelry. It was a shock. That's a lot of yarn. I calmed down a little bit when I realized that this included yarn that had been used up. The stash is does not interfere with moving around the house or doing anything in it.

It did get me thinking that I'm a bit dysfunctional when it comes to art and craft supplies. The obsession sets in and I buy a little bit at a time and the next thing I know, I'm up to my ears in rubber stamps, cross-stitch pattern books, or 300 skeins of yarn. Maybe the insight will help me rein in my yarn-acquiring habits. Fingers are crossed.

No comments: