Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Doctor Socks, take 1

One of those things I just had to have now because it's a limited edition is Knit Picks' Time Traveler sock yarn. Now that I have it, I don't want to knit a plain socks with it because that's boring. The yarn is self-striping with six different colors in it. I thought I'd try knitting some of the charts from my Who Hat, with the stripes as the background. It kind of works, but not well enough.

I'm going to frog what I've done so far and make some changes:
  • Knit the cuff, heel, and toe in green (the 7th color in the original scarf that's missing in the yarn)
  • Rearrange the spacing of the designs on the stripes so it looks less random
  • Work on the knitting tension so it looks smoother

See you tomorrow when I'm back from the frog pond.

No comments: