Friday, June 26, 2009

Mop Tops

I have two mops. One of them is the kind with the liquid cleaner on board. The other is designed to reach into corners and nooks and crannies. They both require special cleaning pads. This bothers me for both financial and environmental reasons. I don't know why I didn't think of this when I bought them, but I can't un-buy them now. It seemed to me that one could make reuseable pads. This has occurred to other people and I was lucky enough to find patterns for both of the mops.

This Reusable Cover uses a design from a dishcloth pattern. I found it on the ballband of some Peaches & Creme. I tried it out and it works great! The texture grabs the dirt and helps scrub the floor. The cotton's very absorbent. The pad wasn't soaked through the way the disposables sometimes are.


I modified this Mop Cover to use the same ballband dishcloth pattern as the other cover. The original's an excellent design, but I would go crazy knitting every row.

No comments: