Friday, July 3, 2009

Day -1 Tour de Fleece


pre-tdf09
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
I'm ready for Tour de Fleece. The spools hold pencil roving. I'm not sure what the fiber content is, as it was a gift. The cakes are yarn that was spun previous to the TdF. It is bulky/super bulky weight. I hope to spin thinner yarn going forward. The pencil roving's a treat to work with. I end up with stuff that's smoother and nicer than what other of my rookie yarn looks like.

There are tons of fabulous prizes that have been donated to the TdF. It probably isn't realistic for me to hope for one, but it's still fun to look at all the pretty pictures and dream.

In the end, I'll have more handspun yarn than I have right now, I should be a better spinner, and I may have spinning worked into my daily routine. Those are pretty good prizes in themselves.

No comments: