Monday, July 27, 2009

Find the part drama

After several emails to Ashford in New Zealand, it was determined that I need a new flexible conrod joint to make my wheel go. It's a 2" piece of what looks like plastic tubing. It retails for $1.60 or so.

The deal is, not all Ashford dealers carry all Ashford products. If they don't carry wheels or a specific wheel model, it is highly unlikely that they will have replacement parts in stock. Still, I downloaded the list of dealers in my area. Nobody within a hundred miles of here carries Kiwis. I think that's why I bought it from a place in Vermont. Hmm, why didn't I think of contacting that place for repair parts? D'oh! What worked was googling the part number and name. I've got the part on order from The Village Spinning and Weaving Shop. I couldn't just order one $1.60 part. Well, I could have but didn't want to pay several times the part cost for shipping. It was a reasonable shipping cost, just not for one little part. So I bought two parts. And some fiber.

My fingers are crossed that it all works out.

No comments: