Monday, August 3, 2009

Time out with cross stitch


celticxs
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
This is from a kit I brought back from Ireland several years ago. It's from the Book of Kells. The original had 14 count fabric. I switched to 18 count so it would fit in a box top. I should've gotten out a magnifier, but nooooooo. I had to struggle along with just my reading glasses. I think it came out pretty well, though.

I am still resisting knitting in general, and socks specifically. I got the replacement part for my spinning wheel, so that may be what I get into next. I've got all the stuff for making mini pinatas, so maybe I'll resist fixing the spinning wheel. Of course, it requires cooking up a pot of paste for papier mache. Cooking? I don't want to.

Maybe I'll knit socks after all. After a nap.

No comments: