Friday, August 7, 2009

Back to Socks


ssox1
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
Current projects:

  • Cookie A socks: I'm doing both of this month's socks in the Ravelry KAL. This one is the first half of the Summer Sox. Flash or no flash, I cannot get the color right. It's a little on the gray side of a basic blue.
  • Labyrinth socks: I'm designing a pair of socks for a contest, just for the heck of it.
  • Spinning wheel: I've repaired it. I haven't used it a whole lot since the repair, but it looks like it'll stay fixed. I joined the Kiwi Spinners on Ravelry and was inspired by how they painted their wheels. The wheel portion of the Kiwi is made of MDF and isn't all that pretty. I'm working on a design that'll involve painting and stenciling. It also may involve taking the wheel off of the rest of the mechanism. I'm going to avoid that if I possibly can.
  • Project bags: I'm working on a new design that can be made with two fat quarters. I have many fat quarters (pieces of fabric that are about 22" x 18"). A bunch came from Pacific Fabrics on Fat Quarter Fridays. I wanna go back to Seattle. ::getting train of thought back on track::I also want to make a special one for an upcoming swap.

No comments: