Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today we crochet

I've been enjoying the daily email I get from CRAFT magazine. There are all sorts of interesting things to see, even if they aren't all things I'd care to try. Today they featured a colorful crocheted Hawaiian Flowers pattern from Sarah London. Her color combinations are delightful. This particular pattern gave me an idea for another project. It involves yarn and a bunch of Hawaiian fabric pieces. It was one of those eBay things where I just had to buy them and they've been sitting in a basket for ten years.

Sarah is featuring a new pattern every month. The instructions are clearly explained and well photographed. I liked what I saw so much that I've added her blog to my Bloglines feeds.

The second idea I got was to crochet her Wool Eater blanket. I've been contemplating something of a blanket nature from all the scraps I've got around here. I couldn't face another generic granny square. The Wool Eater is in the same spirit, but looks nothing like a granny square. I've got a failed project that has enough yarn in it to make a really solid start on this.

I'm not allowing myself to hunt it down yet. I must finish my Vilai socks first. I'm about 30% done since yesterday's multiple laps in the frog pond.

No comments: