Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tour de Fleece: Day 11


Day 11
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
How to tell the difference from yesterday's picture: the pile of roving underneath the spindle is much smaller.


I was going through the voting thread* this morning. I happened upon some fiber that was called the same thing as my last name. I had to find out why it got that name. The person who was spinning the fiber wasn't positive, so she directed me to the source, Ewe Give Me The Knits. Mandie, the proprietor of the shop, was kind enough to explain. It is the name of a street in Victoria, Australia. She gets her names from a street guide. The funny thing is, I live in Georgia and her daughter's name is Georgia. Hee hee hee!

*The voting thread is where people post pictures of their spinning for the day. Everybody votes for the fiber they like the best and the two top people get a prize. Yay for all the people who donated the prizes!

No comments: