Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tour de Fleece: Day 8


tdf0711
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
It really isn't a bunch of different pictures of the same yarn. There is a LOT of this fiber to be spun. I've been splitting the roving up so I end up with skinnier yarn. The pencil roving spins up nicely as it is, but I really don't need bulky weight yarn. Everything in the house has little bits of fiber on it: my clothes, the kitchen counter, the cats. I will definitely not finish this up before the TdF finishes. It's good to have a nicely prepared fiber to learn on, though.

RANT ON- I'm getting really annoyed with the voting thread on Ravelry. We vote on the yarns we like the best every day and the top two people get prizes. That's a good thing. The bad thing is that people have been asked, more than once, to post ONE picture. There are idiots posting a half dozen or more huge pictures. One person posted something that was almost totally black, like if you took a picture outside at night where there wasn't much light. I'm not voting for any of those yarns. I don't care about what a beautiful job they did. I don't care if they couldn't post pictures for the last three days. One picture, one vote from me. -RANT OFF

No comments: