Monday, August 27, 2007

My Left Sock

I was reading the Rockin Sock Club blog. People seem to either love the yarn and don't care for the pattern or vice-versa on the new club shipment. I'm firmly in the second category. I don't care for brown and magenta and bright blue together are kind of icky. I do like the pattern though.

I was listening to Lime & Violet tonight and got to the end of the sock right as the podcast was ending. I foolishly attempted to start my Kitchener stitch and listen to the song simultaneously. Even if the song wasn't a hilarious takeoff on "99 Luftballons", I somehow forgot that I'm still learning to do Kitchener correctly. I have to look it up every time and sit chanting In-Off-Out-switch needles while I do it. It works perfectly except for that last darn stitch. I'm still faking that last one, but it's a vast improvement over what I did previously.

1 comment:

ravelling said...

I'm so glad it isn't just me with the "kitchener stitch block"! Have to look it up every time I get to a toe. Like that sock pattern a lot - agree with you about the colour, but all their yarn feels gorgous.