Thursday, August 16, 2007

Knit one, swap two

I really should be spending my time at Monster, but instead I've been over on Swap-bot. When those sets of swaps are done, I'll have several more sock patterns and several more skeins of yarn. They should all fit nicely in a grocery cart along with my cats if I don't get off my lazy behind and get a job.

I also signed up for the third Hogwort's sock swap. I switched houses yet again, and am Slytherin this time. The colors are green and silver. I was looking around on the web for Harry Potter-related patterns and found the coolest bag patterns. It's basically the same for each house with a central motif that's specific to that house. I can't wait to get my partner assigned so I can find out what colors to get and start working on it.

I'll be dyeing yarn again. One of the Swap-bot swaps is for trading home-dyed yarn plus I'll probably dye whatever I do for Hogwort III. I could end up with someone who wants a scarf or mittens kit, though, instead of socks.

I took some time off knitting to cross-stitch. I made these for a swap. I also worked on a kit that I bought in Paris a couple of years ago. I had to switch when I got frustrated with the socks I was working on. I've frogged and reknit and will post them when they're done. It won't be long now.

No comments: