Sunday, July 12, 2015

Arne & Carlos yarn

I got past one repeat of the yarn.  It took most of a 9.5" foot of a 72 stitch sock:

It starts with the solid white bit on the toe, goes to the orange and white part in the middle of the screen, the pattern reverses and begins again at the white stripe at the far right.  I've never had a self-patterning yarn do that.

I felt a little bit bad that I didn't wait until the Doctor Who swap arrived before buying the A&C yarn.  In my defense, I never expected my swap partner to be able to find it, let alone get it in a color I picked myself.  The good thing is that I can go ahead and use it for socks and for a shawl pattern.  I found The Sock Knitter's Shawl and thing it would be big fun to knit with this yarn.

I spotted something on Ravelry that the author calls a mega-pattern.  It's an appropriate name.  It has 52 Christmas/winter motifs plus hat, pillow, sock, and scarf patterns you can use them to make.  The motifs are really nicely done.  I think I must have this pattern.  It has a cat in a Santa hat that looks just like my Jasmine cat.  Here's the Ravelry link to InfiniChristmas.

No comments: