Saturday, January 18, 2014

Use It project #2

Stupid Blogger will still not let me upload pictures from anywhere. My brain eventually woke up and I used Firefox.

I wanted to show that I haven't bailed on every project. These socks are the second in my Use It (or lose it) stashbusting project. The yarn came from Denmark and was in my stash just short of 5 years.

I got my yarn from Knit Picks today and immediately cast on the Trillian shawl. It's a good project for getting one's knitting confidence back. There's mostly garter stitch with an easily memorized border pattern. I'm having a good time using the Chroma yarn. The colorway's called Buttermint and it shifts from yellow to peachy pink to light green.

I gave into temptations and ordered a couple of skeins from A Hundred Ravens. Someone on Team Tardis for the Ravellenics is using a colorway called Starry Night. I think it may be exploding Tardis colors. While I was looking for it, I ran across a colorway called Kyoto. It's light pink and light gray and I <3 it.

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

See now I have to go to The Hundred Ravens site and look! I did order this kit last night...http://zenyarngarden.co/collections/kits/products/kyna-shawl-kit-pre-order

Paula said...

I think that you're the reason I ended up on The Hundred Ravens site in the first place, heehee. That shawl's pretty.