Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012 Day -7

With a week to go before Tour de Fleece starts, I thought I had best review what I was going to spin this year.  It is a good thing that I did because I didn't have the right materials for what I thought I wanted to do.  I want to use up a lot of the little samples that I've collected from Phat Fiber.  I discovered that a bunch of them will work for the needle felted dogs in Mollie Makes.  Yay!

My original plan was to use up all the wine and grape colored fibers and blend them with something else.  I didn't have anything to blend them with, but I will spin them up and maybe blend them together:

I needed another project, so I dug out a some blue things:
If I need something more than this, I'll grab something at random.

I hope to end up with some reasonable sock weight yarns.  I've got a set of patterns that I want to do. I think they're called Tour de France anklets.  It sounds like an appropriate use of the yarn.

No comments: