Friday, June 15, 2012

Mollie Makes

I'm a fan of Sublime Stitching.  It's all about embroidery, with patterns and tools and such.  The patterns are whimsical and vintage and sometimes both at once.  I follow Sublime Stitching on Twitter.  Following people on Twitter tends to get me into buying things and that happened recently.

A Tweet about Mollie Makes magazine turned into a purchase that arrived today.  Mollie Makes turned out to be very cool.  It has a lot of great projects using a variety of skills.  I loved the needle felted tiny dogs on the cover (tres chien, get it?  it's a little French joke):
The magazine even came with a package of vintage style buttons.

It comes from the UK so subscriptions are a tad pricey for those of us in the US.  I found it on Amazon and decided that it was more than I wanted to spend right now.  I went to Mollie Makes site and they had a six month trial subscription that sounded like a better idea. 

Those dogs really are cute.  I wonder where I stashed those needle felting tools?

No comments: