Monday, March 8, 2010

Good (not great) Mail Day


goodmail
Originally uploaded by Paula knits
The not great part has nothing to do with the quality of what I did get today. The not great part means the post awful still hasn't tracked down my box of books from Amazon that they claim they delivered 10 days ago.

Maybe those books are on the way, so I'll be positive and focus on the good things:

  • a Coronation Street tape kindly supplied by my brother, Bob.
  • two Bob (the dog, not my brother) Olympic pins from Ravelry. I already have the yellow one from 2008. If somebody reads this and wants it, leave a comment and I'll send it to you.
  • goodies from Material Whirled, including a bag of merino roving (colorway Girlie Girl) and two pins I had to have. One reads: "Don't mess with me, I have pointy sticks". The other reads: "SPINNING because Knitting isn't weird enough".
  • goodies from Knitters Brewing Company. They name their yarns after alcohol. The pink is Watermelon Punch and the yellow is Beer Goggles.

Beer Goggles is part of a mystery knitalong, and includes a cute stitch marker and some Kreinik blending filament. It's silver which normally I like, but think gold or copper might look better with the Beer Goggles. I probably have something that will work, but where in the heck did I stash it?

Watermelon Punch came with a really cool twisted stitch pattern. Maybe that will tide me over until the books appear. The one I was really anticipating was the translation of the German book on twisted stitches. C'mon post office! Find that box!!


ETA: I've heard nothing from the post office. I did contact Amazon and you know what? They are replacing the whole shipment for free and even upgrading the shipping so I'll have the books in a few days. It wasn't Amazon's fault and they fixed it anyway. Amazon, you rock. Post Awful, you suck.

No comments: