Thursday, March 4, 2010

Confessions of a sockaholic

I declared February to be a month where I would only buy things that were absolutely necessary. I did pretty well with that. Here we are, four days into March, and I've made two completely unnecessary yarn purchases. I needed some yarn to fulfill a swap obligation, so I went to Knit Picks. I couldn't just buy the yarn I needed. Sock yarn was on sale and it's so inexpensive, I bought enough for two pair. At least one of the yarns was solid so it'll likely work for one of the remaining Iron Knitter challenges.

Then I had to read a new Ravelry post in the Knitters Brewing Co. group. There's another knitalong coming up next month. It's Las Vegas themed with cute socks that use Kreinik blending filament. Shiny! I had to do it. I had to buy the kit because I think it's a good thing to support someone who enables offers such fun sock making activities. I couldn't buy just the kit, I had to buy something more. Come on, I had a coupon! My kit's in a nice yellow color called Beer Goggles and the other yarn is in a wild pink multicolor called Watermelon Punch. My stash needed something wild in it since I knit up that skein of Christmas Balls.

No comments: